Monday 7 April 2014

Early morning thought.

PIt's 5.20am, day 14 on admission and I sit here in my hospital bed unable to sleep, a constant re-accurance. And as we all do, I think about everything that has happened lately. My mind constantly ticks over - maybe this is why I can't sleep. 

I haven't blogged for awhile and for those that follow me, I apologise, but here we go again - and this time I don't plan to stop. 

Sometimes, I sense like my health is inconvenience for not only me but others around me, family, friends, whatever it may be. I hate thinking that sometimes even when I'm at my sickest, I should stay out of hospital because it will just be easier for all of us involved, especially the ones that invest their time in travelling to see me. I always want to have a 'normal'? life.. Attending parties, get togethers, catchups.. But now it's got to the point where I'm hardly ever invited because people just assume because I've been sick these past 3 months {example} that I'm still sick and can't attend anything at all. Yes it has been more often then not, but I still want to attend them and never miss them. 

By now, I'm 20 years old. I have been 'doing' hospital admissions all my life. So some say I should be 'used to it.' Should I? Is that's why now, the calls have stopped, the flowers don't get ordered, the cards don't get posted and I shouldn't even think about visits? Or maybe it's just because everyone else is used to it except me. That the most regular visitors I have are doctors and nurses and the very few and far between family and friends. Is that why a text with the common 'Love you, hope you're feeling better soon' is sent? 

Maybe. 

What nobody seems to understand is that sitting in a hospital 24-7 for 14 days or longer, staring at 4 walls is the loneliest you could ever be. 

Everyone n your life has a different role, I guess. Whether it's to be by your side 24/7 or to be a distant friend or family member rarely spoken to and I guess that's why I shouldn't hold grudges if someone I expect to contact me whilst in hospital doesn't - because maybe they're toxic to our lives and that's Gods way of just telling you it's okay to not have them around.
                                  




1 comment:

  1. Tumara you may never now the person writing this message and if you do you will proberly never think anything of it. We once went thre everything together and although it never worked, I still to the this day have never met someone so strong hearted. Even through the tough times you always kept that beautiful smile. It is easy to put on a smile when everything is good. But to keep a smile when life and health is bringging you down is the meaning of true strength. That tatto on your wrist represents ure lifee and is definately nothing short of the truth. We may never speak or see eachother again. But we ever do I will givee
    u a smilee and you will then know who this message was from. Now u juust keep fighting and never give up. Mwaa tumara kia kahaa

    ReplyDelete